Friday, December 10, 2010

Building at Preschool

At Preschool they have started working in small groups. The children voted on the groups and there are 3 - The Baby Group, The Letter Group and The Construction Group. We were surprised but thrilled to learn that Ally chose the Construction Group. Since I work in construction her teachers asked if I might be willing to do something construction related with the class. I explained that most of my involvement in construction is management, but that I would love to do a building activity with the class. So when I Parent Helped I brought in 3 kinds of pretzels, rods, sticks and nuggets and at Ally's request, graham crackers, along with cream cheese, hummus and soy nut butter (its like peanut butter but safe for kids with allergies). We spent the beginning of the day making buildings, which they the class ate for snack! It was loads of fun.
Ally was determined to make a tall wall out of graham crackers.

With her final creation!


Eating the buildings at snack time.

We also brought the song and the book, 3 Little Pigs to share with the class. Ally really enjoyed sharing this with her friends, and they had so much fun dancing and goofing around to the song.
It was a great day.

No comments: