Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day After Christmas

The day after Christmas we had everyone back at our house for brunch. Gruncle and Aunt Suzie were there as well, since Ally and I picked them up at the airport on Christmas night. They came in for the wedding!

Ally had one more gift to open, it was from our relatives in Hawaii.

A Dora flower girl doll. Ally was in charge of the rings at our wedding, we did not have flowers.
Here she is all dressed and ready to get in the car for the event.
It was quite a feat to get her happy and smiling.
After all of the excitement of the previous few days, Ally was exhausted and begged for a nap. We finally agreed, but then she slept a long time. The wedding was at 430, we needed to be there at 330 for pictures, and at 230 Ally was still sleeping. I did my makeup while she slept, and got everything ready. At 245 I woke her up, put her in a bath, the whole time she cried. Poor thing was wiped out and grumpy at being woken up. All I could think of was that she would have red puffy eyes for the pictures. For years to come she would look sad and pitiful in our wedding pictures. Finally I said STOP - you need to STOP CRYING. She looked at me, and did it! Then we got her dressed, she watched me dress, Becky started the car, we all got in the car and drove away.
I suppose bribing her with a candy cane helped lift her spirits.

The cake. I wanted chocolate and I certainly got it! Chocolate cake with ganache frosting. It was yummy.

No comments: