Sunday, January 1, 2012

Grandma Barbie's Birthday

December 23 was my mom's (aka Grandma Barbie) birthday. She loves having a birthday so close to Christmas because it means she almost always gets to spend it with family. We were happy to have her, my dad and my older brother over for mom's birthday celebration.
Ally made her a card. She drew the butterfly and the Happy Birthday words all by herself. Lauren (her babysitter helped with the spelling). The first time Becky and I saw the card was when Ally gave it to my mom.
The inside of the card is particularly special. Its a picture of Ally and Grandma Barbie.
Please note that Ally has darker skin than Grandma and that Ally made sure to use blue (the correct color) for Grandma's eyes. Lauren said this was all Ally's doing.
It clearly shows us that Ally is aware of how all of us look different.
Grandma brought "goody bags" for all out of town guests, and made sure to have one for Ally as well. Ally was pretty excited.
They were trying to open a card without ripping the "special" sticker Ally put on it.
My mom and her birthday dessert - Coconut Cream Pie.

No comments: